A new year is fast approaching, but this week we’re taking some time to reflect on the momentous year behind us. From innovative product updates to rapid growth in our workforce, 2018 was a year full of excitement for Zipwhip. Here are some of our top highlights.
We improved our product
- We launched Zipwhip 2.0, a new-and-improved version of our apps with more helpful texting-for-business features than ever.
- We introduced rich communication services (RCS) capabilities to North America in partnership with Mavenir and implemented RCS with the Sacramento Kings.
- We launched a fully-customizable, free Click-to-Text button generator.
- We updated our mobile app, making significant improvements to the user experience.
- In November, we received a high placement of 137 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list.
- We were named number 118 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Entrepreneur360 List – a national ranking of 360 small businesses that are mastering the science and art of growing a business.
- We were named one of the fastest-growing private companies on the Inc. 5000.
- We added three new world-class executives to our team including Chief Marketing Officer Scott Heimes, Senior Vice President of People Kirsten Spoljaric and Chief Financial Officer Bob Chamberlain.
We launched innovative partnerships
- We introduced viewer engagement via texting on live TV for the first time ever with the help of KING 5’s show TAKE 5.
- We helped customers improve sales engagement with a new SalesLoft integration.
- We text-enabled Sound Transit’s security phone line to improve the safety of commuters.
- We teamed up with StoneTimberRiver to turn loyal fans into customers.
We impacted the industry
- We encouraged the FCC to classify texting (and RCS) as an information service, protecting consumers from spam.
- We launched our first-ever podcast, Zipcast, which covers all topics relating to business communication and texting
- We revealed generational texting trends and communication preferences in our comprehensive consumer survey.
…And we had fun along the way
- We were nominated as one of the Geekiest Office Spaces in Seattle by Geekwire.
- We held employee events like our annual Halloween costume contest, summer party, holiday party, ugly sweater day and more.
- We brought Santa into the 21stcentury by text-enabling his workshop.
With so much excitement during the last year, we can’t wait to see what 2019 holds for Zipwhip and our growing customer base. If you’re interested in being a part of our rapidly growing team, apply online today!