Timely communication is critically important for real estate agents and property managers. But every day, these professionals deal with the stark reality that prospects and tenants are getting harder and harder to reach using traditional communication methods.
Why? Email inboxes are becoming increasingly saturated. Only 21% of emails are read and, even when they are, it often takes days to receive a reply. What about phone calls? Trying to get a response can be equally painful. Consumers only answer 24% of calls from phone numbers they don’t recognize. And that voicemail you leave, well, it may never get heard.
However, it doesn’t need to be this hard. There’s a communication channel that your customers and tenants are immediately responsive to—texting. Today, 98% of texts are opened and, of these messages, 83% are responded to within 30 minutes. Hands down, texting is viewed by consumers as a higher priority method of communication compared to email and phone calls.
Now, with less face-to-face interaction, texting is even more important and impactful
Property managers are filling vacancies faster by using business texting to respond to inquiries from prospects before their competition does. Texting is a great way to send prospects a link to your virtual tour, your rental agreement, or information about mask requirements and extra cleaning protocols that your property is following.
Improve tenant relations by keeping them informed of important information by text. You can notify tenants when a package arrives, let them know of upcoming projects, or when their lease is due for renewal. Texting is also a discreet and non-invasive way to remind tenants of late payments. And texting makes it simple for tenants to reach out to you to book community resources, notify you of maintenance issues, or report security concerns.
Real estate agents and brokers are using texting to accelerate sales while reducing phone tag. Texting is a great way to connect with prospects, schedule calls, send meeting reminders and prevent leads from going cold. Texting is also an easy way to quickly connect with inspectors, lenders and title companies.
Texting enhances internal communications, too. Brokerage offices can text with agents to keep them informed of training, meetings, recruiting and general information about the office.
Firms that specialize in vacation rentals are also adopting business texting and using it throughout the rental cycle. The day before the rental period starts, you can text directions and information about the check-in process. The evening that your guests check in, send a friendly “How is everything?” text. While guests are in the vacation rental, let them know that they can easily text you with questions that will help improve their stay.
On the final day of the rental, remind your guests of the check-out time and the process they should follow. And after your guests have returned home, send a text thanking them for staying at your property and asking for an online review of their experience.
Professional texting software is safer than cell phone texting apps
While it may be tempting to simply allow your staff to use their personal mobile phones for texting, there are many important reasons to use secure, dedicated software for business texts. Zipwhip’s “Texting For Business” solution allows you to:
- Secure and protect your customers’ data and privacy
- Maintain insight into customer communications
- Ensure compliance with important regulations like the TCPA
When it comes to texting for property managers and real estate agents, not all providers are the same. Here are a few important things to consider:
- Convenience – Give your tenants and customers the ability to text or call the same number, just as they do with friends and family. Some texting providers require you to get a separate line just for texting; others use short codes, those 5- or 6-digit numbers that are unrecognizable to the recipient. Zipwhip, on the other hand, will text enable your existing business number, so customers can text or call one familiar number.
- Experience – Zipwhip pioneered the texting for business industry and has over 35,000 customers who rely on our services every day. We have a team that works closely with customers in the real estate industry, who understands your needs and are dedicated to your success.
- Security – Zipwhip is the only business texting provider that all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators trust to manage their network-level connectivity for high-volume commercial traffic. Zipwhip controls the network capacity, speed, security and safeguards, and is SOC 2 compliant for security, the industry standard for SaaS providers.
If you’re a property manager or a real estate agent interested in adding texting to your business communications, contact us today to get started.