During most years, you might be trying to avoid holiday music at this point in December. From radio stations to your favorite store, the tunes of “Jingle Bells,” “Frosty the Snowman” and “Silent Night” are almost inescapable. But 2020 is not like most years. The decades-old tradition of being accidentally exposed to Christmas music has fallen to the wayside as we drive less and shop online.
To help families and friends continue this tradition, or maybe start a new holiday tradition, we’ve put together a quiz of holiday season songs. And because texting is life, all of the clues are in emoji form. While you’ve likely heard some of these songs a thousand times, we think the emojis will give even the most dedicated Christmas carolers a pause. Plus, emojis are a universal language today. Even businesses have found them to be very successful in getting customer’s attention.
Test your knowledge with the list below first and then tweet us with your holiday song quiz score.
Want to virtually challenge your family and friends?
First, check out how employees at Zipwhip did at guessing holiday songs. Then use the instructions below to challenge your friends and family.
- Download the “Holiday and Christmas songs emoji quiz” PowerPoint
- Have everyone join the same video conference
- Open the PowerPoint and enter “Presentation” mode
- Share your screen and start the emoji quiz
- Play Santa’s Holiday Playlist to hear the songs as you go along. Guaranteed to start a sing-along!
Test your holiday song knowledge
- 🔔 🎸
- 🎅🏻 👶🏻
- 🎸 🔄 🎄
- 👶🏻🥶 🏕️
- 📆📆📆📆📆📆📆📆 🕎
- 🥁 👦🏻
- 👀 👱🏻♀️ 💋 🎅🏻
- 👵🏻 🚗 🦌
- 🎅🏻 🛷🌃
- ⚪ 🎄
- 🙉 🌃
- 🏃♀️ 🔴🦌 🏃🏻♀️
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Santa Baby
- Rock Around the Christmas Tree
- Baby It’s Cold Outside
- 8 Days (of Hanukkah)
- Little Drummer Boy
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Happy Kwanzaa
- Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
- Light One Candle
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- White Christmas
- Silent Night
- Run Rudolph Run
- Frosty the Snowman