Nobody likes phone tag, especially when it’s for something as simple as confirming an appointment. What should be a quick exchange turns into a tedious, frustrating exchange. In our State of Texting report, we found that 67 percent of people would rather text with a business about appointments, reminders and scheduling than talk on the phone or through email. So, why do businesses insist on calling their customers about appointment reminders or confirmations?
It’s time to stop the arduous phone tag and start communicating with your audience the way they want. To get you started, here are some appointment reminder templates you can use in your company, as well as some tips to craft the perfect text message.
Appointment reminder templates by industry
Simply copy and paste these templates into your texting-for-business software. In our examples, we use two specific tools: Dynamic Fields and Templates. Appointment reminders and confirmations are very common, so it’s crucial to have essential tools like these to improve your workflow.
Dynamic Fields (i.e. “[First Name]”) automatically pull contact details like name, email, job title, etc. into any text message sent from Zipwhip. This feature also allows users to populate their own contact details, such as name and company, into a message and provides custom fields for other relevant data like account number, appointment time, account type, and more.
Templates are great when you know you’re going to be sending the same message multiple times (like appointment reminders and confirmations). With Templates, you can pre-draft a message and save it for the future. You can then use this same template time and time again.
Insurance Text Template
Hi [First Name], this is [My First Name] from Zipwhip Insurance. I tried calling you at our scheduled time today, but it looks like I missed you. Is there a better time to chat on the phone? It should only take about 5 minutes!
Vet Appointment Confirmation Text Template
Hi [First Name]. This is Zipwhip Animal Clinic. We wanted to confirm [Custom Field 1]’s appointment. Does [Custom Field 2] still work?
Medical Appointment Reminder Text Template
Hi [First Name]. This is John from Zipwhip Medical Clinic. Just a reminder to fill out all of the new patient paperwork we emailed you prior to your appointment at [Custom Field 1] at our Seattle office. Thanks!
Beauty Appointment Text Reminder Template
Hi [First Name], this is [My First Name] from Zipwhip Salon. This is a confirmation that we received a request for a hair appt. at [Custom Field 1]. We look forward to seeing you then! Please text us here if you need to reschedule.
Recruiting Appointment Text Template
Hi [First Name]. This is [My First Name] from Zipwhip Staffing. I just wanted to double check that it still works for you to chat at [Custom Field 1]. Please let me know!
Automotive Reminder Text Template
Hi [First Name]. [My First Name] from [Company] here. This is just a friendly reminder to pick up your vehicle by [Custom Field 1].
Fitness Class Reminder Text Template
🔊 Don’t forget! [Custom Field 1] class is moved from XX to XX today!
Appointment reminders by type
Hello [First Name], I’m looking forward to speaking with you today at [Custom Field 1]. Please let me know if you need to reschedule!
Hi [First Name]. Don’t forget class at [Custom Field 1] tomorrow! If you can’t make it, please just shoot us a text within the next two hours to avoid cancellation fees.
[First Name], this is [My First Name]. I’m looking forward to our meeting today. You can find directions to our office here: [Custom Field 1]
Hi [First Name]. This is Zipwhip Insurance. We have not received your car payment this month. Please do so within the next 48 hours to avoid late fees. Call or text us on this number if you have any questions.
Hey [First Name]. Please remember to sign and bring all new patient paperwork to your appointment at [Custom Field 1]. We emailed it to [Email] yesterday. Call or text if you have any questions!
Tips for crafting an appointment reminder or confirmation
- Introduce yourself. You shouldn’t automatically assume they know who you are or have your number saved.
- Personalize it with Dynamic Templates. These customizable fields help your pre-drafted messages feel more personalized and special.
- Keep it short. There’s a reason why people prefer texting about scheduling rather than chatting on the phone. It should be a quick, one or two sentence conversation – not enough to justify a phone call.
- Send far enough in advance, but not too far ahead. Schedule your messages to send at the appropriate time. Too far ahead, and people will forget. Too close to the actual date, and it might be too late for a reminder to be effective.
- Remind them of the no-show policy. There’s nothing worse than being stuck with a cancellation fee if you didn’t even remember the appointment. Gently remind people of your rescheduling and cancellation policy well enough in advance so they can avoid any fees if necessary.
- Feel free to use personality. Even though automated text appointment reminders can feel really programmatic, they don’t have to sound robotic. Add emojis, abbreviations, or your own unique tone to show personality and build a stronger bond with the recipient.
- Follow general texting etiquette. There are a few rules you need to live by when it comes to texting for business. Study them and abide by them at all times.
- Leave them with a CTA. This is a good tip for almost all communication with your audience. They need to clearly understand the point of your text and know what to do next. Do they need to respond “Yes” or “No?” Do they need to send you pictures for their insurance claim before your call? Whatever you need, make sure it’s crystal clear.
Say goodbye to phone tag forever and hello to happy customers. Start using texting for appointment reminders and confirmations today with Zipwhip’s business texting software.