Appointment reminders and confirmations shouldn’t turn into a tedious process of missed calls and follow-ups, but it happens all too often. According to our 2020 State of Texting report, 60% of businesses generally experience phone tag with their customers. There’s an easier way to directly get a hold of customers, however: by ditching the phone call and sending text messages instead.The best way to confirm appointments and send reminders is with a text because it’s what customers want:
- 67% of consumers said that an appointment reminder was the most valuable text they’ve received from a business (2020 State of Texting report); and
- 70% said they would prefer to communicate via text about scheduling (2020 State of Texting report).
Using business texting software for SMS appointment confirmation and reminder messagesSimply copy and paste these templates into your texting-for-business software for any appointment text message. In our examples, we use two specific tools: Dynamic Fields and Templates. If you frequently send appointment reminders and confirmations, it’s crucial to have essential tools like these to create an effective workflow.
- Dynamic Fields (i.e., “[First Name]”) automatically pull contact details (e.g., name, email, job title, etc.) into any text message sent from Zipwhip. This feature also allows users to populate their own contact details, such as name and job title, into a message and provides custom fields for other relevant data like account number, account type and more.
- Templates are great for sending the same message multiple times, like appointment reminders and confirmations. (Think of them of them as an appointment reminder script). You can store frequently used messages to save time and keep messaging consistent.
Appointment reminder templates by industryAn appointment reminder text message is generally used as a courtesy for a confirmed appointment. The recipient doesn’t necessarily have to reply since the message is more of a heads up. In your reminder text message, however, consider letting your recipient know how to cancel or reschedule their appointment if necessary. They’re less likely to be a no-show if you offer them a clear and easy way to cancel or reschedule up front.
Insurance appointment reminder text templateHi [First Name], it’s [My First Name] from BUSINESS NAME. This is just a friendly reminder for your appointment at APPOINTMENT DATE AND TIME. Please be sure to fill out the paperwork I emailed you prior to our meeting. Thanks! See more insurance message examples and text message templates.
Veterinary appointment reminder text message templateHi [First Name]. This is a reminder of [Customer Field 1]’s yearly checkup on APPOINTMENT DATE AND TIME. If you need to cancel or reschedule, call this phone number or reply to this text message within TIME FRAME of your appointment time to avoid a DOLLAR AMOUNT no-show fee. Thanks! YOUR TEXT MESSAGE SIGNATURE See more veterinary reminders and text templates.
Medical patient reminder text messagesHi [First Name]. This is [My First Name] from BUSINESS NAME. Just a reminder to fill out the new patient paperwork we emailed to you prior to your appointment at APPOINTMENT DATE AND TIME. Thanks! Hi [First Name]. This is a friendly reminder of your upcoming appointment with DOCTOR’S NAME on APPOINTMENT DATE AND TIME. If you need to reschedule or cancel, please call this number or reply to this text within TIME FRAME of your appointment time to avoid a DOLLAR AMOUNT no-show fee. YOUR TEXT MESSAGE SIGNATURE See more doctor message to patient examples.
Beauty appointment text reminder templateHi [First Name]! It’s BUSINESS NAME reminding you of your appointment this APPOINTMENT DATE AND TIME. If you need to cancel or reschedule, you can do so online or by replying to this text message at least TIME FRAME before your appointment to avoid charges. Thanks! See more templates and salon SMS marketing examples.
Recruiting appointment text reminder templateHi [First Name]. Just a friendly reminder of your phone interview tomorrow with BUSINESS NAME at APPOINTMENT TIME. If you need some last-minute help with prep, just reply to this message and we can figure out a time to chat right away. If I don’t hear from you, good luck! I know you’re going to do great. YOUR TEXT MESSAGE SIGNATURE See more recruitment message examples.
Automotive reminder text templateHi [First Name]. [My First Name] from BUSINESS NAME here. This is just a friendly reminder to pick up your vehicle by TIME AND DATE.
Fitness class reminder text template🔊 Don’t forget! [Custom Field 1] class has moved from CLASS TIME AND DATE to CLASS TIME AND DATE See more gym message text examples.
Appointment text message sample by type
Upcoming call text message reminderHello [First Name], I’m looking forward to speaking with you today at APPOINTMENT TIME. Please let me know if you need to reschedule!
Future classesHi [First Name]. Don’t forget about CLASS NAME at CLASS TIME tomorrow! If you can’t make it, please just shoot us a text within the next TIME FRAME to avoid cancellation fees.
Text message meeting reminderHi [First Name]! It’s [My First Name]. I’m looking forward to our meeting today at APPOINTMENT TIME. If you need directions to the office, you can find them here: [Custom Field 1]
Missed paymentsHi [First Name]. This is BUSINESS NAME. We have not received your car payment this month. Please do so within the next TIME FRAME to avoid late fees. Call or text us at this number if you have any questions.
Outstanding paperworkHey [First Name]. Our records show that you have not yet completed our new patient paperwork. You can access it via our online portal using the link we emailed to you at EMAIL ADDRESS. Please have this completed before your appointment on APPOINTMENT DATE AND TIME. Call or text if you have any questions!
Appointment cancellation text message and reschedule appointment text messageThere may be situations where your office needs to cancel or reschedule appointments with clients/patients. Instead of calling them and potentially disrupting their day, send your client a text letting them know that you need to cancel or reschedule and ask them to share their availability for a better day at their convenience.
Cancel appointment text message sampleHi [First Name]. Due to REASON FOR CANCELLATION, we are canceling all appointments until DATE. We apologize for the inconvenience and will call you at a later date to reschedule. Text or call us if you have any questions.
Reschedule appointment text message sampleHi [First Name]. Unfortunately, we need to reschedule your upcoming appointment at our clinic. Please call or text us at this number to reschedule for a better date. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Appointment confirmation text templates by industryAn appointment confirmation text may require that your recipient reply to your message to acknowledge the appointment. Provide clear instructions if your business requires their response.
Insurance appointment confirmation templateHi [First Name]. I’m [My First Name], [My Job Title] at BUSINESS NAME. I just received your request for a phone call tomorrow at APPOINTMENT TIME to learn more about our rates. Please confirm with YES if this is correct.
Veterinary appointment confirmation text templateHi [First Name]. This is BUSINESS NAME confirming [Custom Field 1]’s appointment at APPOINTMENT TIME AND DATE. Does that time still work for you?
Beauty appointment confirmation textHi [First Name], this is [My First Name] from BUSINESS NAME. This is a confirmation that we received your request for a TYPE OF SERVICE on DATE AND TIME. We look forward to seeing you then! Please call or text us at this number if you need to cancel or reschedule to avoid our DOLLAR AMOUNT late fee.
Recruiting appointment confirmation text exampleHi [First Name]. This is [My First Name] from BUSINESS NAME. I just wanted to double check that it still works for you to chat at APPOINTMENT TIME AND DATE. Please let me know!
Automotive appointment confirmation textThis is BUSINESS NAME. Your appointment has been scheduled for vehicle maintenance on DATE AND TIME. Please reply with Y to confirm. If this was a mistake or you need to cancel, reply with X.
Fitness class confirmation textHi [First Name]! Thanks for signing up for INSTRUCTOR’S NAME CLASS NAME on CLASS DATE AND TIME. To confirm your spot, reply to this text message with YES. If this is was a mistake or you need to cancel, please reply with CANCEL at least TIME FRAME before class time to avoid a DOLLAR AMOUNT late-cancellation fee.
Doctor appointment confirmation text message templateHi [First Name]. This is FIRST NAME from BUSINESS NAME. Just a reminder to fill out all of the new patient paperwork we emailed you prior to your appointment at APPOINTMENT DATE AND TIME. Thanks! Hi [First Name]. This is [My First Name] from BUSINESS NAME. We received your request for an appointment with DOCTOR’S NAME on APPOINTMENT TIME AND DATE. To confirm, please reply with YES.
How to text appointment reminders and confirmations: What to include in your message
- Introduce yourself. Your recipient may not have your number saved on their phone. Identify yourself upfront or use a text message signature at the end of your reminder text message or confirmation text.
- Send a personalized text message with Dynamic Templates. These customizable fields help your pre-drafted messages feel more personalized by including the recipient’s name and any other pieces of info that are unique to them.
- Include any relevant details to the appointment. Of course, there’s the date and time of the appointment to include, but don’t forget any other important details, such as paperwork to bring or any COVID-19 requirements they must follow.
- Remind them of the no-show policy. Whether it’s an appointment confirmation or reminder, be up front with customers of your rescheduling and cancellation policy; they’ll be more likely to cancel or reschedule sooner if they know there is a fee involved.
- Leave them with a CTA. Your recipient should clearly understand if there is any action they need to take. Do they need to respond “Yes” or “No?” Do they need to send you pictures for their insurance claim before your call? Whatever you need, make sure it’s stated in your text.
- Give them the option to opt-out. Your recipient may have previously chosen to opt-in to text messaging from your business, but they should always have the option to opt out if they ever change their mind. Simple language like “Reply STOP to unsubscribe” at the end of your message can suffice.
Take Zipwhip for a spin
Better customer communication is right at your fingertips. Start a free account and see what you can do with texting.