There’s no doubt, your role as a project or events coordinator requires you to keep a lot of balls in the air at one time. You’re a vital part of your company’s ecosystem, filtering through information as it comes in and sending it downstream where it can be handed off to the next person in line. You’re often the first person a client or customer interacts with, so your ability to stay organized when conducting business sets the stage for an excellent first impression.
Whether your position involves working in staffing or human resources, a medical or dental practice, dispatch at a transportation center or the front desk of an admissions office, working smarter rather than harder in today’s busy world — which also includes putting in longer and longer hours — makes sense no matter which industry you’re in. So, let’s take a closer look at how your role as a coordinator and that of your co-workers could be enhanced with business texting.
Texting for business is cool
As a liaison between your organization and its clients (or your company’s internal stakeholders), a lot goes into your daily routine: fielding multiple phone calls and emails; keeping tabs on incoming requests; aligning schedules; and staying up-to-date on the status of people and projects. You want to be effective in carrying out your responsibilities and feel in control of the process, but with so many demands on your time, sometimes that can feel a bit overwhelming.
Enter Zipwhip and the benefits of business text messaging. Adding a new productivity tool to your toolbox may seem like just one more system to manage. But business texting actually helps ease daily demands by streamlining a lot of processes that take up valuable time between 9 and 5. And unlike traditional texting apps used to stay in touch with family and friends, business texting software offers solutions with a host of easy-to-use features. It also integrates seamlessly with leading CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems like Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Zapier and MINDBODY.
Why business texting is the way to go
- Text from your computer or laptop. Send and receive text messages from the convenience of your computer or laptop. Enjoy the ease of typing on a full-size keyboard and reading messages on a much larger screen. You can still use a phone if you’re away from your desk, but most of the time you’ll appreciate not having to scroll through walls of texts to review past conversations.
- Cuts down on telephone tag. Nix those missed calls and annoying voicemails by sending a text message instead. When you communicate the details of what you want to say in writing, you break free from your phone and can focus on more important tasks planned for your day.
- Slows down the avalanche of emails. Your inbox will always be there. But if you want your outgoing message to get noticed, texting is the best medium. Fewer people are replying to emails because inboxes are so inundated with spam and marketing messages. Zipwhip’s State of Texting report found that 74% of people will respond to a text message from a business within an hour versus 41% of people who will respond to an email from a business within an hour.
- Texting covers your bases. Keep wires from getting crossed when scheduling appointments. Have you ever made plans over the phone only to have the other party be a no-show because they wrote down the wrong date and time? It can be embarrassing for them and a waste of time and money for your company. Texting helps keep information from getting lost in translation.
- Gets your point across faster. Brevity may be the soul of wit, but it’s also a cool texting feature. By limiting the number of characters that can be contained in a message, users forego non-essential details that can dilute a message. And once a text is seen, a person is more likely to respond. According to Psychology Today, the mind has a powerful need to finish what it starts.
- User-friendly account management tools. Speed up daily workflow by communicating with internal and external teams and individuals to accomplish daily goals. Set up meetings, schedule appointments, confirm deliveries, or ask questions. Handle whatever is on your plate with ease.
- Schedule text messages in advance. Keep mornings from feeling frenzied by scheduling text messages ahead of time. Never forget to send timely reminders about upcoming interviews or appointments or let that important document request slip through the cracks. You get to choose when your text is delivered so everything stays perfectly on track.
- Appointment reminders are easy. You send an appointment reminder text, the other party responds, and you’re both in agreement about the date and time to meet, or whatever the situation may be for the reminder message. You’re now free to move on to your next to-do item.
- Reusable text templates. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel, we checked. Create reusable text templates so you can quickly and nearly effortlessly send standard messages again and again. Dynamic fields allow you to personalize every message, even when sending group texts.
- View conversation histories. An intuitive dashboard allows you to view your contacts list at a glance. Simply click the contact’s name to see all their details as well as a complete conversation history. You can also add important details to contact cards, use the search function to quickly find contacts or groups and mark inbound messages as unread to optimize your workflow.
To make the conversation about adopting business texting with your manager super easy, check out this helpful blog post on how to talk to your boss about adopting texting for business. And for even more awesome information on texting, download our newly released e-book: The Ultimate Guide to Texting Your Customers. It’s filled with everything you need to know about texting for businesses.